Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy New Year

It is Feb. 2nd, 2011, the last day of 2010 in the lunar calendar and the Spring Festival starts today. As it's the most important festival, people are busy to prepare everything to celebrate it. My family is also eager to welcome the Spring Festival. I got up early this morning and clean the house. I also help my father to put up a new couplet on the gate as people will use a new couplet every year. On the couplet there are some words for blessing. People wish to have a happy new year.

In the evening, people reunite with their families and relatives and have a dinner together. At 8:00pm, people would like to watch TV and enjoy many television programs which are very colorful.

At midnight, a lot of people, especially the young people, like to set off the firecrackers which are forbidden in urban, because of danger. But they are allowed in the countryside. I live in the suburbs, so I am lucky to enjoy this traditional action. It's very excited outside.

A new year is coming. All of people use their way to celebrate it. I Wish everyone have a happy life and enjoy every day!



No comments:

Post a Comment