Friday, June 7, 2013

Can I take the slow boat to China Wuzhou from Hong Kong like 10 years ago?

One of our clients called and insist on booking a boat ticket on the slow boat to China Wuzhou from Hong Kong via the Zhujiang River and Xijiang. We explain to him that this transfer line has disappeared years ago due to lack of passengers. Most people choose bus transfer from Hong Kong to Wuzhou which will take 5-6 hours, while 2 days for the boat ride. However, this changes made our customer very sad because he and his wife took the boat ride many years ago and they enjoyed it very much.
Slow boat from Hong Kong to Wuzhou 10 years ago

I felt sorry for him and I could understand why he was so sad. I used to travel from Wuhan to Anqing on the Yangtze via transfer boats such as Jiangshen, Jianhan which took 24 hours and sometimes longer on misty days, these boats ride impressed me very much with the scenery along the Yangtze and the big boat itself. When my son was 5 years old, I was determined to impress my boy by taking him for the boat ride on the Yangtze, but to my dismal, I found these boats disappeared on the Yangte too, we ended up took a Yangtze River No. 1 Cruise ship and cruised between Chongqing and Yichang, it was great and luxury, but different.
Jianghan Passenger boat on the Yangtze before 21 century

Jiangshen Passenger boat on the Yangtze before 21 century

O, How I miss that old, transfer boat on the Yangtze, just like that gentleman miss the slow boat to China Wuzhou, but that is life, life is changing fast, I would encourage you to travel when possible today, otherwise,  you probably will miss the train ride tours in China or the River Cruise on the Yangtze in 20 years, who know?


Hey, Do you want to discover China with your own private vehicle, own tour guide, own driver, and travel on your own pace instead of being herded in big tour group? Need a professional local China Travel Adviser to customize a tour according to your own needs and interests? Visit China Highlights web site for ideas and free advice or quotes now.

No comments:

Post a Comment