Thursday, March 17, 2011

Salt Crise In China Due to Japan's Radiation Emission

I was sitting in my office this morning when my sister called me from
eastern part of China and told me that she was searching for salt everywhere
in Anqing and were not able to find one bag available.

Maybe it is different here in western part of China, I than called my wife
and ask her to buy some salt for my sister. She called back later and said
that the last 30 bags were all purchased by an old lady this morning in the
super market. Luckily we have extra two bags to share.

I realized something wrong with salt and started searching in Baidu and
found that there was tons of news and talks about salt shortage all over
China and many links were even deleted or blocked by the Government. It was
really serious if any news was blocked!

I called my brother who lived in Southern Part of China and he got back to
me later and said he got three bags of salt and that was all he could get
after long waiting. He explained to me that all the Chinese are panic buying
salt due to Japan nuclear scare.

People here are afraid of the effects of radiation emissions in Japan may be
harmful to them. They believe that odine in the salt can reduce the impact
of possible radioactivity as the crisis at Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant
deepened.

No comments:

Post a Comment