Wednesday, October 8, 2008

5-years-vision about our customers booking or interacting experience with China Highlights

China Highlights has a beautiful end vision, But our colleagues are talking about the 5-years-vision about our customers booking or interacting experience with our travel advisors at the moment. "Customized China Tours with Ease of Planning" for our customers is one of our long goal, the following picture is what Julian Ipsen visions.

In 5 years I will go to the China Highlights website to search for a China Tour. The website recognized where I came from and what keywords I used to give me suggestions on what I'm most likely to search for. During the whole time on the site there is always the possibility to get in contact with a travel advisor via chat, telephone or video conference, like in a real travel agency.

As I do not really know much about China I ask the China Highlights Employee Candy to give me some suggestions. Candy is leading me through the page giving me suggestions on which tours would meet my needs.

After I decided for a tour or route, an interactive page opens where I can discuss the plan with Candy and live changes are made to the route, the arrangements and the price.

After I'm happy with route and price I ask Candy to save the itinerary for me (as I have to go to work now). At the end of the day I will return to it to discuss it with my wife. She is not totally happy with the arrangements so we go back to the drawing board and Candy's late night colleague Ryan works with us to make it perfect.

We pay by paypal and get an instant confirmation for our tour

In the days before the trip commences, we get information by mail about some of the things we should take on our trip and about the current weather there…

After we arrive in Beijing Airport the tour guide gives us our Chinese mobile phone with free credit and brings us to the hotel room. After a few minutes Candy calls us to ask if we had a good flight and everything is as we want it to be.

We are travelling for some days already and everything is fine. We wrote some short travel reports and send it with some photos of our trip to Candy. Candy put it on our personal Travel Experience page. It feels good not to have to send every relative a mail about our travel progress anymore.

Our trip is half over now. In the last city we met some Italian travelers who suggested us to visit Kunming. Unluckily we didn't book Kunming on this tour. In the evening of that day we give Candy a call and ask her if she could change the itinerary a bit to squeeze it in. A short time later she send us a message to go to our online travel plan to see what she worked out. We are not totally happy, so we work together in the "Live Tour Plan Application" to make everything perfect. We can directly pay for it via paypal and get our confirmation for the new tour plan.

Our tour has come to an end. We dropped the telephone off before entering the airport on our way home. After arriving home, we already found a mail with the access data for our Travel Experience Page. We work over all our travel descriptions again and upload some more photos. Afterwards we directly send the link to all our friends with a message that we have arrived back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment