Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Unforgettable Birthday-Eva

My Unforgettable Birthday-Eva

27 Oct is a great day, which is my birthday! Everyone loves to enjoy this special day on their own way:

Girl's Night Out!


Alone Time with Significant other!


Nothing!



How do you like to spend your birthday?

For me, I had spent a significative birthday! I had been to Baoan Hope Primary School in Yangshuo (Guilin) with my friends Morgen, Steve, Lissy, Alex, Tina, Sunny….
I was exciting when I start to make this activity, because we can bring a lot of books, toy, candy etc to the kids, who live in the remote villages. I was so happy that everyone agreed with me after I shared this idea and tried to think out many other things we should take to the kids and how to play with them…..

Here we go! After a simple plan, we got ready to go to Yangshuo. That was a sunny day, we sang, laughed, and quite enjoyed walking along the country side.


Boom and 小马 carried a big pack with a lot of books for the children inside. Girls never carry heavy bag!!!


Steve looks like "Afric women", because he looks like a little bit thin compare with Boon.


After a couple of hours driving, we arrived in our first destination: Baoan Hope Primary School.

It is a small primary school and rebuild in Putao town, Yangshuo County on 2006. There are 6 classes about 300 students in the school. They have only two buildings, one building is for having class and the other one is the mess hall.

However, it is not as poor as I imaged, since this is our first time to do charity, and we do not have much experience on finding a "right" school to donate, I thought we should have found more shabby schools and help the kids in a great and better way.

We had brought some books, pencil, paper etc stationeries and distribute to some of representatives.

After that, we played the "hide and seek" and "fox and chicken" with the students.

Look! This is the baton of our "Uncle Morgen"; he was trying to teach the student sing the song.

Everyone there was very exciting and glad! In the afternoon, we have to leave but it was really hard to say "good bye", and we took a picture altogether.

In the evening, it was our party time! We drank and ate in a hostel; celebrate this unforgettable day for me!


Next day, we went home. Tina and sunny was in the sound sleep…..

Opps…. Be careful your head!


Eva at China Highlights 2008-10-29

No comments:

Post a Comment