Friday, July 3, 2009

Flood In Guilin

Heavy rain for days caused big flood in Guilin today. Few parts of Binjiang Road have flooded. The water is still getting high and weather forecast shows more rain to come in the coming days. Some of our colleagues who live by the river bank start worrying about their homes may be flooded. Li River cruise, which is highlights for most tourists to Guilin will probably have to be closed tomorrow due to the flood if it will continue to rain through the night.

2 comments:

  1. hi

    would you think end of the month the rain in guilin would be worse??

    I have booked airline to guilin end of this month. I am planning to book Li river tour. Shall I cancelled it.

    Kindly post your answer in the comment so I could view your comment. appeciate...

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    The flooding was not as bad as it has been in previous years. I don't think the end of July will have any more serious flooding and I imagine Li River Cruises will be operating as normal. See also my comment above.

    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete