Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Visit the West Hill Park (1)

The West Hill Park is the second biggest park in Guilin. It is in the west of Guilin. In my childhood, my parents often took me to the park and my teachers also took us students to this park. In my opinion, there are so many trees and hills in it. The latest time I went there is in 1997 and I haven’t gone there from then on. Today I plan to visit this park. It’s cloudy today. If it was sunny, the scene was more beautiful. But thanks the God, it’s not very hot and it suits for climbing.

The West Hill Park is free for the citizens. There are few visitors in it. Because the air is fresh and it’s quiet, it is a good place for doing exercise. Some people are playing badminton, some are running, some are learning Taiji, and some are climbing the hill. There are a lots of hills in this park and the west peak, Liyu peak, Longtou peak are the most famous. Before climbing, I smeared some salve on my arms and legs to prevent from the mosquito. And I took two bottles of water. These are necessary for climbing. When I was at the foot of the hill, I didn’t know where I should go. Finally I selected one path.
I saw lots of statues carved by the ancients on the stones. Nowadays some people worshipped the statues hoping to get good health, good jobs, happy life and so on. There are many paths on the hillside. I was almost lost. When I realized I have taken a round of this stone, I changed another way immediately. Some path are wide and gently and some are narrow and steep, like the one above the picture. Fortunately I am slender enough to through this way. Haha~

After thirty minutes, I got the top of the hill and I knew this hill named Liyu hill( Liyu means a standing fish), though I didn’t think it looked like a fish. On the peak of the hill, I could see the scene of the city. Because of the thick fog, the scene wasn’t clear. But I could see the hills in seven star park and elephant trunk hill, and also China Highlights’ office. When I was complacent, I found a man was climbing on the west peak ( located in the west of the park) that is the highest hill in the park and there aren’t the stone steps on it. It’s difficult to climbing. I admired him!

No comments:

Post a Comment