Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Morning Walking in Guilin

Guilin is a small, but beautiful city with lots of trees and flowers. The city life is very relaxing. Each morning, you can see many senior citizens doing exercise along the rivers and lakes.

My apartment is near the Osmanthus Lake. Every morning I walk to the office from my apartment about 30 minutes. One the way to the office, I can see lots of local people doing many different kinds of exercises. Some are playing the traditional dancing with fans; some are playing Taichi. The younger are doing the setting-up exercise, while the senior are playing the Taichi ball or Taichi sword. Sometimes I have to be careful as people are just playing exercise along the road using the fans, swords and Taichi balls. I really enjoy my walking through the morning exercisers. And this is the start of Guilin people's daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment