Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tiramisu


Last weekend, I visited my best friend who is good at cooking. She showed me how to make a Tiramisu and told me a touching story about the popular dessert. In Italian, Tiramisu means ‘take me away’ which are words from a wife’s heart.

The story happened in the World War II. An Italian soldier was leaving home to battlefield, his wife wanted to prepare food for him. But all she had are just some biscuits, cakes and a little red wine. She used out all of these material and made them into one dessert. When the soldier had homesick, he took it out and recalled happy time with his family. From then on, the special dessert got its’ name and became a symbol of love and happiness.

Actually it is not easy to make Tiramisu. You must choose good quality material, pay attention to every step, especially baking. Fortunately, we made it successfully. Please see the picture!

1 comment:

  1. I would like your friend to get to know how to make a real Tiramisu. It will taste so much better and it takes only 10 mins.

    ReplyDelete