Wednesday, June 10, 2009

How to make Chinese rice dumplings

Today is China's Dragon Boat Festival. In deferent areas, we have deferent traditions. However almost all the people will eat rice dumplings except watching dragon boat driving competition. This is to memorize one of China's greatest poets named Quyuan.

In my hometown, we eat rice dumplings with just rice inside. After my graduation, I came to Guilin, Guangxi Province and people here eat rice dumplings with meat inside. It is salty. So it cost me sometime to use to it. Now I get to love its taste.

I love to eat Japanese sushi. So I try to do it myself. If you like Chinese rice dumplings, maybe you also want to do it yourself? Here, I am very glad to teach you how to do our hometown's rice dumplings.

1.Hold two or three indicalamus Leaves(must spoiled for at least three minutes first) to the funnel shape.

2.Furl the inside indicalamus Leaf again

3.Fill the stuff(One hour Immersed Rice and oil)

4.Cover the hole with the indicalamus Leaves.

5.Tie it tightly with string.

When all the procedures finishes, immerse it with water and cook it for at least 2 hours.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment