Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Special Flower, Special Food

There is a night-blooming cereus in my garden. My mother planted it two years ago. The flowers are in bloom from June to October. The flower of night-blooming cereus is big and white. I think it’s elegant as a fairy. This is a special plant that the difference between it and the other flowers is the flower of night-blooming cereus opens at midnight. Why? I think they want to protect themselves. People like to pick the beautiful flowers, but at night all of the people are at home for rest and they can’t pick the flowers. So these flowers avoid being destroyed. They are so smart!
In my opinion, all flowers are only seen. But my aunt told me the flower of night-blooming cereus can be cooked like the vegetables. I hadn’t heard of it. Then my mother picked the flowers to cook the soup with some meat and bean vermicelli. To my surprise, the soup tasted delicious. Would you like to eat? Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment