Thursday, June 11, 2009

Otaku

Whenever I am back at work from the holidays, people who know me would ask whether I enjoy it. Others would ask where I spend my holiday. Question 1, yes, I did enjoy it. Question 2, I went back home as always.

From my university life to work, when there's a holiday, I went back home and stay with my family. At home, I seldom went out though the beach is only a few minutes' walk away home. If I have a 3 full day holiday, I would spend at least 2.5 days at home, watching TV, reading books, surfing online or doing whatever I want. Then a word came to my mind, Zhai (home in English). And I realize I am a part of Otaku.

What's Otaku? It is actually a Japanese word that means "venerable house" and people, especially women, who prefer to stay at home (home-bird). After searching quite a lot of posts on the internet, I happened to find out that besides home-bird, Otaku refers to many other characteristics of a person, like:
1. Fans of animation, celebrities, model cars, etc.
2. Can not live without computers, stay online even if there is nothing to do.
3. Keep an unstable schedule, usually sleeps during the day.
4. Seldom leave the house and only then after serious thought.
5. Single, no dating.6. Likes writing blogs or diaries, especially online.

Check whether you belong to Otaku.

1 comment:

  1. While people may have different views still good things should always be appreciated. Yours is a nice blog. Liked it!!!

    ReplyDelete