Thursday, March 12, 2009

What would you like for breakfast?


Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dine like a pauper. No matter it’s scientific or not, I always have a good stomach when I get up in the morning. But what should I have for my VIP breakfast?

It’s very common for Chinese taking flour-made food. Noodles(miantiao), steamed bread (mantou) and steamed stuffed bun (Baozi) are three main food made from flour. We often take steamed bread and steamed stuffed bun together with rice porridge or soya-bean milk. The liquid drink could mix dry taste of the wheaten food and help swallowing.

Actually, I don’t like wheaten food very much. If I have to make a choice, meat bun or vegetable bun are acceptable. But the steamed stuffed bun can be made in a very good taste like in heaven or a disaster that you don’t want to touch it anymore. I like bread and milk much better than wheaten food, but the price is higher. For example, one adult could take 4 ~8 little buns and 1 glass of rice porridge, it costs RMB3 at most. If taking 2 pieces of sliced loaf and 1 box of milk, it costs RMB5 at least, which is 66% higher.

If I want to be a king for breakfast, how much should I spend? And what kinds of food can I choose? Can we find a balance between diet and price? Or may be I should get up early and make breakfast at home.


3 comments:

  1. i like steamed bread (mantou) and steamed stuffed bun (Baozi)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like steamed bread (mantou) and steamed stuffed bun (Baozi)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should get up early and make breakfast at home.

    ReplyDelete