Monday, March 2, 2009

building up an intimate relationship

We"talk" to our customers in a few ways--by skype, email, phone or in person. Most of the time we use email as it is fast and it conveys a lot of information, and it is cheap too. Everytime when I type a message or an email, it seems to me that I am not working but chatting with a friend. I am helping my friend to arrange his/her China tour, it sounds very good as it is always a pleasure to greet a friend from afar!

While communicating with the customers, gradually I get more familiar with them, e.g. what they are interested in, what they like to do or dislike to do or eat, what is the weather like in their city and what is happenging in their life etc. It is not easy as it needs time to develop an intimate relationship, but it is definitely good to be a friend of the customers. When you open your heart to them, they would react the same way...

No comments:

Post a Comment