Saturday, March 21, 2009

What I have for breakfast

Eating a nutritious breakfast is essential for a healthy diet. Studies show that eating breakfast prepares you for the day ahead both mentally and physically. Research shows that eating breakfast in the morning helps to stabilize blood sugar levels, which control appetite and energy.

I usually get up at 6:40am, then use a soybean milk maker to cook soybean milk. It takes 20 minutes to cook. At 7am, I eat an apple. It is good to have fruit before a meal. We can digest fruit quicker than other foods, so it's good for the health. Then I start to cook oat porridge with millet. Usually I add some fresh vegetables and meat to the porridge to make it more nutritious.

At 7:30, it is my breakfast time. I usually have breakfast while watching the news on TV.

It costs me about 3.5 CNY for this abundant breakfast, a little costlier than a rice noodle breakfast. It keeps me energetic for the whole morning.
Getting up early to cook a balanced, healthy breakfast is rewarding. My TG (triglyceride) level drops from 5.2mmol/L to 2.05mmol/L.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a morning schedule, good for you.

    ReplyDelete