Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My experience of eating at street restaurant

I think a lot of you like to eat at street restaurants just as I do. I prefer street restaurants to large food outlays because the former serve cheaper and more authentic food.

My mother warned me of the sanitation problems of most of those small restaurants regularly, and said they were harmful to one’s health. I do consider my mother’s reminders each time when I am to step into a street restaurant, however, the aroma smell of the food is too tempting for me to resist walking in. But my horrible experience of eating at a street restaurant at last weekend made me pay more attention to its sanitation than the food that it serves.

Last Friday night, we were having our dinner at a riverside restaurant.

"My God! What was this?"

My husband shouted out suddenly.

What I saw made me unable to enjoy a meal for the next few days: My husband was holding a long, curving hair between his two fingers, which was picked from the soup. The next 30 minutes saw a fierce argument between us and the dodgy restaurant owner, who tried desperately to keep the well image of his restaurant in the present of so many dinners, and who insisted that the hair was dropped into the dish after it’s served and was probably from me. However, the truth was that my hair was not so long as that one in the soup and it was straight. Realizing that further argument would not do us any good but to waste our time, we left the restaurant in a great disappointment.

This event was a good lesson for me. I would be hesitated to eat at a street restaurant since ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment