Friday, March 13, 2009

How to get a good breakfast without spending too much money and too much time to prepare?


A Idea Breakfast, Aple, Milk, eggs and one more is missing, the steamed bread or Guilin Rice Noodle


Guilin Rice Noodle

Alex was wondering what to have for breakfast, here is my answer.

Last time I was in Shanghai, I stayed in a hotel called 7 Days Inn. They told me that the following four things would make an excellent breakfast: one apple, one glass of milk, one chicken egg and one steamed bread roll. These were what they provided for my breakfast. Of course you may use other fruits to replace the apple, soya bean milk to replace milk, another protein food to replace the egg and another carbohydrate food like porridge, rice, a stuffed bun, or rice noodles to replace the steamed bread.

How does one get a good breakfast without spending too much money and too much time to prepare it? My suggestion would be as follows. First, buy some apples the night before, and eat one apple before leaving home for work in the morning (0.5 yuan, 3 minutes). On the way to work, stop by a rice noodle restaurant to have your rice noodles with an egg (2.5 yuan, 10 minutes). The last thing you are missing now is milk. Easy! We have a milkman come to our office every day to deliver one-yuan fresh milk without melamine (1 yuan, 1 minute, or drink while starting your computer). The total cost for this breakfast will be about 4 yuan. If you choose to have some steamed bread to replace the rice noodles, you may even save 1.5 yuan.

But I do have a question too. I was also told that the breakfast that I had in the hotel would provide for all the needs of my body for that day. But I don't know why I continued to feel hungry at lunch and dinner time. Was that because of my dining habits? If what the hotel staff said was true, I don't want to spend time and money on eating lunch and dinner in case my habit becomes an addiction, like people becoming addicted to cigarettes.

1 comment:

  1. you get hungry at lunch and dinner time, maybe it is because you have to work for the following 8 hours, the energy of the breakfast wont last long, but if you sleep after breakfast and wont wake up until the next morning, then you wont get hungry at lunch and dinner time...

    ReplyDelete