Thursday, February 26, 2009

Beware of cell phone defrauder

I heard telephone scandals before. Defrauders usually got a lost phone and started calling all people from the address book of the phone; they tried to tell them to wire some money to certain bank account by saying the phone owner is in urgent need of the money. Some people, especially family members will do immediately, but I received a cheating call yesterday, it is different this time. The call is from a guy who spoke mandarin with me in strong Cantons accent, below is our conversation:

 

He: hello, how are you lately?

Me: I am fine, thanks

He: It has being a long time since we met last time. I was in Liuzhou last week, I really wanted to go to Guilin to see you.

Me: Really? But….. I am sorry that I can't recognize your accent, who is it?

He: What? You don't know who I am? Guess

Me: I am sorry, I don't really know, I am on my way home, it is the end of the day, I am tired after a long day, can you please tell me your name?

He: Who are your friends in Guangzhou? Can't you remember?

Me: Hmm, I am pretty messy at the moment, but let me think… well, please tell me who are you? I am driving and not convenient to chat at the moment.

He: Who are your friends in Guangzhou?

Me: Hmm, Xiangweihua? Xiaodi?

He: Oh, man, how can you forget things quickly?

Me: Hey, I am sorry

He: Okay, I am Zhangweihua, how are you?

Me: But how come you sound so different now, and you are using a different number?

He: I wanted to visit you last week when I was in Liuzhou….

Me: 你吹牛!That could not be true; you are definitely not my friend Weihua.

He: switched off the phone.

 

I called my friend Xiangweihua right away, and he is perfect well, I could recognize his voice easily. So, my friend, be watchful when you received this kind of phone call, don't bother yourself searching for names. Also, we you are making phone calls, don't make others to guess, tell them who you are.

1 comment:

  1. Great experience, I hope it can come to me. I like to "play" them as I never believe them. You used the way that I did before. haha

    ReplyDelete