Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Try to cultivate a good habit

Reading is my habit. When I was just a school boy, I liked reading very much. Reading makes me acquainted with different opinions and different thoughts. When I am getting a new book, I will read it all from the beginning to the end. A good book always makes me happy and content, because a good book is not only a good teacher but an intimate friend. It will make you engaged when you are lonely.


Reading plays an important role in my weekend activity. Every weekend morning, reading is the first activity after I wakes up.



Reading always makes me relaxed and pleased. Some books are useful when I am feeling upset and disappointed. When I am reading the words of the pages loudly, I forgot the unhappy experiences and try to stir myself.



There are many famous sentences about reading. Here are some of them.
“We shouldn't teach great books; we should teach a love of reading.”
“No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.” ---Confucius
“The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” -- Dr. Seuss

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.” -- Groucho Marx

“Not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers.” -- Harry S. Truman
“Never judge a book by its movie.” - J.W. Eagan
“A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking.” -- Jerry Seinfield

No comments:

Post a Comment