Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy New Year

The Spring Festival is the most important traditional festival in China. For celebrating this festival, my mother and I cleaned our house and my father stuck the couplets on the family gate. My mother cooked the delicious food for us. In China people usually cook the fish for dinner, because it stood for prosperity in the coming year.
On the eve of the Spring Festival, we watched holiday special TV programs and eating lots of fruits and dim sum.
At the midnight our neighbors set off firecrackers. The sound was loud and the sparks were flying off in all directions. The sparks looked like many flowers in the sky. These were very beautiful. I could watch them through my window as seeing a movie.
On the first day of the New Year, we wore the new clothes and greeted relatives and friends with gongxi (congratulations) wishing each other the best during the new year. And the adults gave their children a red packet that there was some New Year’s money in it as a gift. They hoped their children grow healthily and study hardly. My mother also gave me one. Ha ha,how happy I was!
Lion dancing is one of the traditional celebrations. People wanted to give the best wish to others. Some people had given the performance and set off the firecrackers around my house and so many people went to watch it. It was very lively.

Lion dancing

No comments:

Post a Comment