Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Spring Festival comes to the end

Today is the fifteenth day of the first month of the lunar year. This day means the end of our Spring Festival. It is regarded as a reunion day and we call it the Lantern Festival .The name comes from a custom in China of people making lanterns, which they begin several days before.

However, I do not like this festival, since it represents the last day of our Spring Festival, and also means that another year is really over. Looking back to last year, it seems like yesterday. In retrospect, when I started work after graduation, I felt a great burden off my mind, because there were no more examinations or tests. Now, when I recall the things I have done in the past year, it seems there is nothing there.

A few weeks ago, I was forced to start writing articles on our blog. It reminded me of the time when I was studying in college. In those days I took pains to learn to write every day. So did my classmates. But I felt it was an arduous task. Suddenly, I was aware that the end of graduation is another beginning in my life. The road is long and learning will be endless.

I feel so sorry that I did not mention how to celebrate the Lantern Festival, but wrote something sentimental instead. Actually Lantern Festival is not the last but the first full moon in the lunar year.

2 comments:

  1. Somebody forgot to tell our neighbors that spring festival is over. They are still playing fireworks the whole night through *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky that they only play at night, my neighbors are still playing day and night even on the roof.

    ReplyDelete