Thursday, February 5, 2009

Unforgettable experience on the train back to Guilin (Part 1)


After the Spring Festival Holiday, I had to go back to Guilin for work. My home town is far from Guilin. It is 12 hours by train. Even though I bought my train ticket 11 days before departure, the seat was still not available. That means; I may need to stand on the train for 12 hours. That’s really terrible. I can’t image what the experience will be.

The other way to avoid standing is to purchase a sleeper ticket after I get on the train. But I found it impossible upon my arrival since people were everywhere on the train. Lots of people were standing on the narrow corridor of the carriage. I was pushed by someone unknown to the carriage joint. Fortunately, the carriage joint was not so crowed. So I had to put down my luggage and sat on it.

There was another woman holding a baby came to the carriage joint as well. Her baby was very lovely. She told me she was going to Liuzhou. That’s another 3 hours drive from Guilin. That means; they need another 15 hours to get to their destination. That’s extremely terrible to her baby since the air in the carriage was not so good.

I started to read my magazines on the train. After one hour drive, some people started to carry their luggage and moved forward to another carriage. They told me there were some empty carriages which were for the passengers who would get onto the train several hours later. All the standing passengers were desperately wishing to get in there and find a seat to sit down. The train attendant was so kind to let us get in the carriage and sit for several hours since it was really crowed at that time. That was really awesome. We could not wait to sit in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment