Monday, February 23, 2009

Home Again Though I Don’t Really Have a Home There

It was so happy that I can have the chance to go to Xishuangbanna for this Spring Festival after discussing with my mother. It was my hometown and would always be my hometown though I don't really have a home there.

I was born in a small town near Nanning the capital of Guangxi Region. Several moths later I was taken to Hunan Province where I have spent most of childhood. My parents told me we were Hunanese as our ancestors used to live there for decades.

When I was 13 some things happened with my father's business and I was finally brought to Xishuangbanna where my grandma lived there for half of her life. And I stayed with my grandma there.

Time passed by, this year was the 8th year I have left Xishuangbanna and my grandma. When I saw my grandma welcomed me at the road waving her trembling hands my tears dropped down.

I've been to many places but I'm sure this is where my heart is. There's love and would always opens a door for me though I've never really have a home there.

I love Xishuangbanna, I love my grandma, I love my home…

(by David Deng)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment